Business Administration (MBA)
1 year (full-time) / n/a (part-time) / n/a (distance / e-Learning)
Turning theory into practice:
The Cardiff MBA is a truly international programme with practical outputs that will equip you with the insight into business practice you need for your future in a changing global environment.
- The Cardiff MBA course takes a strong international perspective in all areas.
- The Cardiff MBA will provide you with evidence of personal dedication and commitment, an international orientation, presentation and communication skills and greater confidence in your overall managerial abilities.
- The combination of theory and its practical application provides you with problem solving management skills of immediate and enduring value.
- The MBA will develop your interpersonal skills, your business intuition, your sense of entrepreneurship and your ability to tackle everyday challenges, within a supportive environment of friendly competition and collaboration.
The Cardiff MBA is designed to provide its students with a comprehensive background in all aspects of business and management, while also providing an opportunity to focus in on a specialist area of management for those who so wish. All students study twelve compulsory modules which include the core areas of Strategic Management, Organisational Behaviour, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Operations Management.
Students then select three elective modules and also prepare a major business project. Those who choose to do so within a specialist field follow one of five pathways:
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- International Management
- Marketing and Strategy
- Operations Management and Logistics.
Alternatively, students may follow a general route and select electives across these disciplines.
For a detailed course structure, visit the School's website.
The MBA will provide you with:
- The competence and the confidence to apply new knowledge to key areas of business and management
- The ability to solve practical management problems by turning theory into practice
- An understanding of working in an international, global, multi-cultural, diverse environment
- Developed communication, self-management and time management skills
At Cardiff Business School we are aware that the majority of our students undertake postgraduate qualifications to improve their prospects in the job market. The MBA is widely regarded as the necessary business qualification to develop the skills that modern business managers need. 95% of our students go on to employment or further study after leaving us and many of our graduates hold key positions in major corporations across the globe.
Major firms regularly visit the Business School to recruit our students. Whilst studying with us you will be able to attend recruitment fairs and presentations, see our team of specialist careers advisors and gain help with CV writing, interview skills and aptitude tests, to name a few.
Suitable for graduates in a wide range of disciplines, including arts and science subjects as well as the usual business-oriented degrees.
Applications will be considered from recent graduates with an upper second class Honours degree, or higher, from an approved university or those with a similar level of qualification gained by other methods. Non-graduates with approved professional qualifications or work experience may also be considered under certain circumstances.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass an IELTS exam, obtaining a minimum score of 6.5 with a subscore of 5.5 in each paper.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted through the University's Online Application System.
Tuition Fees 2016/17
Fees quoted are for the academic session 2016/17. For programmes lasting more than one year, tuition fees for subsequent years of study are subject to an increase of no more than 4.5% per year.
|UK & EU||International|
|Deposit||n/a||Includes a £1,000 deposit. More information about our deposit policy.|
Next intake: September each year
Name: Postgraduate Admissions Office, Cardiff Business School
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2087 6953