Executive MBA (part-time) (MBA)
n/a (Full-time) / 28 months (Part-time) / n/a (Distance / E-Learning)
The aim of the Executive MBA is to develop participants to become reflective practitioners by encouraging them to integrate the theories and knowledge gained from the taught programme with the skills, values and insights derived from experience gained before and after the MBA.
The reasons to study the Executive MBA include:
- Knowledge transfer through working with managers from a variety of other organisations
- A practitioner based approach to learning and teaching
- Access to business networks, events and guest speakers
The Executive MBA at Cardiff Business School consists of ten core modules, elective modules and a dissertation. The programme is of 28 months’ duration (4 taught semesters and a dissertation). The Executive MBA has been designed to meet the needs of experienced middle managers looking for ways to develop their understanding and knowledge of business.
"As I have taken on increasingly senior roles, I believe the breadth of learning associated with an MBA has been particularly beneficial - it certainly gave me an understanding of elements of business that I had less experience in. In this respect, I think the MBA was absolutely the right programme of study for me, and at probably the optimum time in my career for me personally."
- Corporate Finance (Core)
- Operations Management (Core)
- Marketing (Core)
- Strategic Management (Core)
- Human Resource Management (Core)
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship (Core)
- International Business(Core)
- Business Economics (Core)
- Sustainable Business Management (Core)
- Organisational Behaviour (Core)
- Business Analysis (Elective)
- Lean Thinking (Elective)
- Financial Analysis and Reporting (Elective)
- Marketing Research (Elective)
- Management Consulting (Elective)
- Governance and Policy in the Public Sector (Elective)
- Dissertation (Project)
If you are a manager who wants to adopt strategies and gain expertise to build and sustain business effectiveness in a competitive global market place then Cardiff Business School’s Executive MBA is for you.
The programme offers participants the opportunity to apply their managerial experiences to theory and practical situations.
The programme provides:
- Interaction with researchers and business scholars, many of whom produce world-leading research
- The flexibility to manage a full-time career and study a widely recognised business qualification
- The opportunity to share experiences with members of your cohort
- The development of practical skills for management
- The opportunity to network with members of the Cardiff Business School Alumni Association and to attend talks given by high-profile speakers
Minimum of a second class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
Applicants will normally be required to have a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience. Applicants with substantial working experience but without a first degree may be considered for entry on a case by case basis.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass either IELTS/TOEFL exams, obtaining a minimum score of IELTS band 6.5 or 570 in TOEFL (230 for computer-based marking).
UK & EU Part Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
International Part Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
Next intake: September 2013
Name: Cecile Boutrou
Telephone: +44 (0)29 208 75130