Executive MBA (part-time) (MBA)
n/a (full-time) / 28 months (part-time) / n/a (distance / e-Learning)
This is a part-time MBA programme for experienced middle managers.
The aim of the Executive MBA is to develop participants to become reflective practitioners by encouraging them to integrate the theories and knowledge gained from the taught programme with the skills, values and insights derived from experience gained before and after the MBA.
The reasons to study the Executive MBA include:
- Knowledge transfer through working with managers from a variety of other organisations
- A practitioner based approach to learning and teaching
- Access to business networks, events and guest speakers
- Programme delivery designed around jobs and family life
- Small cohorts
The Executive MBA at Cardiff Business School consists of ten core modules, elective modules and a dissertation. The programme is of 28 months’ duration (4 taught semesters and a dissertation). The Executive MBA has been designed to meet the needs of experienced middle managers looking for ways to develop their understanding and knowledge of business.
- Corporate Finance
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Professional Development
- International Business
- Business Economics
- Sustainable Business Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Analysis (Elective)
- Lean Thinking (Elective)
- Financial Analysis and Reporting (Elective)
- Marketing Research (Elective)
- Management Consulting (Elective)
- Governance and Policy in the Public Sector (Elective
Students will also undertake a Dissertation (project).
Our programme has been designed to fit around work commitments. The Executive MBA is of 28 months’ duration, with modules delivered in weekday blocks of three days.
Intellectual skills are promoted within teaching blocks through presentations, the examination of case studies, group discussion, debate and assignment. The case study sessions will enable students to apply the theoretical concepts taught in the lectures to real-world contexts
Staff may vary from year to year. At present our tutors are:
Each module is assessed via a written assignment of 3,000 words.
Students additionally produce a Dissertation of 20,000 words.
If you are a manager who wants to adopt strategies and gain expertise to build and sustain business effectiveness in a competitive global market place then Cardiff Business School’s Executive MBA is for you.
The programme offers participants the opportunity to apply their managerial experiences to theory and practical situations. The programme provides:
- Interaction with researchers and business scholars, many of whom produce world-leading research
- The flexibility to manage a full-time career and study a widely recognised business qualification
- The opportunity to share experiences with members of your cohort
- The development of practical skills for management
- The opportunity to network with members of the Cardiff Business School Alumni Association and to attend talks given by high-profile speakers
'I am really enjoying the learning process, it’s hard work but the new knowledge gained is worth it!.'
Read Sarah's full testimonial
‘I needed some higher-level learning which was business focused and would fit around my full-time role as a company Director. The executive MBA modules covered topics that would enable me to benchmark my existing skills and provide new insights, methods and tools that would ‘stretch’ me and that I could then apply to the workplace. I am really enjoying the learning process, it’s hard work but the new knowledge gained is worth it!’
Sarah John, Commercial Director, Acorn (Learning Division) 2012 cohort
Minimum of an upper second class Honours degree, or higher, or equivalent from a recognised university.
Applicants will normally be required to have a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience. Applicants with substantial working experience but without a first degree may be considered for entry on a case by case basis.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass an IELTS exam, obtaining a minimum score of 6.5.
Application Deadline: 31 August 2015
Decisions will be made on a continuous basis throughout the year and will be based upon your written application and the references received.
A number of scholarships will be made available to support the most able participating candidates.
UK & EU Part Time Fees: (Payable annually and those stated are for 2015/16 unless otherwise stated below).
for both years (£7,000 per year).
International Part Time Fees: (Payable annually and those stated are for 2015/16 unless otherwise stated below).
for both years (£7,000 per year).
Next intake: September each year
Name: Cecile Boutrou
Telephone: +44 (0)29 208 75130