Skip to navigation menu

Courses

Master Scholarships £500,000 worth of scholarships available now

Executive MBA (part-time) (MBA)

n/a (Full-time) / 28 months (Part-time) / n/a (Distance / E-Learning)

Course Aims

The aim of the Executive MBA is to develop participants to become reflective practitioners by encouraging them to integrate the theories and knowledge gained from the taught programme with the skills, values and insights derived from experience gained before and after the MBA.

Special Features

The reasons to study the Executive MBA include:

Course Description

The Executive MBA at Cardiff Business School consists of ten core modules, elective modules and a dissertation. The programme is of 28 months’ duration (4 taught semesters and a dissertation). The Executive MBA has been designed to meet the needs of experienced middle managers looking for ways to develop their understanding and knowledge of business.

Students Views

'I am really enjoying the learning process, it’s hard work but the new knowledge gained is worth it!.'

Read Sarah's full testimonial

‘I needed some higher-level learning which was business focused and would fit around my full-time role as a company Director.  The executive MBA modules covered topics that would enable me to benchmark my existing skills and provide new insights, methods and tools that would ‘stretch’ me and that I could then apply to the workplace.  I am really enjoying the learning process, it’s hard work but the new knowledge gained is worth it!’

Sarah John, Commercial Director, Acorn (Learning Division) 2012 cohort

Available Modules

Skills Acquired

If you are a manager who wants to adopt strategies and gain expertise to build and sustain business effectiveness in a competitive global market place then Cardiff Business School’s Executive MBA is for you.

The programme offers participants the opportunity to apply their managerial experiences to theory and practical situations.

The programme provides:

Entry Requirements

Minimum of a second class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

Applicants will normally be required to have a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience. Applicants with substantial working experience but without a first degree may be considered for entry on a case by case basis.

Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass either IELTS/TOEFL exams, obtaining a minimum score of IELTS band 6.5 or 570 in TOEFL (230 for computer-based marking).

Tuition Fees:

• UK & EU Part Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
    £7,000.00
  • International Part Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
    £7,000.00

Next intake: September each year

School Contact

Name: Cecile Boutrou  

Telephone: +44 (0)29 208 75130 

Fax:  

Email: mbapt@cardiff.ac.uk  

School Website: http://business.cf.ac.uk/degree-programmes/mba-programme/part-time

More information

Funding Available

There are current funding opportunities for this course. Click here.

Postgraduate