Civil and Geoenvironmental Engineering (MSc)
1 year (Full-time) / 3 years (Part-time) / n/a (Distance / E-Learning)
To offer knowledge and expertise for a career as a consulting geoenvironmental engineer within a multi-disciplinary professional team.
- Professional practice issues are integrated with the scientific and engineering foundation of the MSc through a series of short, workshop-style training courses covering practical aspects. These short courses are delivered by recognised professional practitioners in the industry.
- Innovative partnership between the Cardiff School of Engineering, the School of Earth, Ocean and Planetary Sciences and the Cardiff School of Biosciences.
- This programme has been accredited by the ICE, IStructE, IHT and IHIE for intakes 2009-2013 inclusive. This programme is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (partial) BEng (Hons) or an Accredited IEng (full) BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree
- See the JBM website for further information.
This course is designed to provide specialist postgraduate professional development in this emerging discipline, encompassing areas traditionally within civil engineering, earth sciences and biology.
- Advanced Engineering Management
- Sediment Transport Dynamics
- Coastal and Estuarine Engineering
- Management in Industry
- Soil and Groundwater Chemistry
- Engineering Geology
- Theoretical Soil Mechanics
- Land Contamination
- Environmental Engineering Applications
- Environmental Law
- Water Quality Control
- Geoenvironmental and Hydroenvironmental Modelling
Applicants should possess at least an upper second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) from a British or recognised overseas university.
Suitable for graduates in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences or Biosciences, or in a related numerate scientific discipline or for candidates with suitable professional experience. Applicants with relevant professional experience are also considered.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass either IELTS/TOEFL exams. Minimum requirements:an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL iBT of 90. Please see our English language requirements for more information.
Note: International students pursuing part-time programmes of study are not eligible for Tier 4 (General Student) visas and must have alternative leave to remain in the UK if they intend to study at the University in person.
UK & EU Full Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
UK & EU Part Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
International Full Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
International Part Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
Next intake: September each year
Name: Postgraduate Admissions Office, School of Engineering
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2087 0050