Skip to navigation menu

Courses

Postgraduate Open Day 2014 Wednesday, 26th November - book your place now »

Logistics and Operations Management (MSc)

1 year (Full-time) / n/a (Part-time) / n/a (Distance / E-Learning)

Please note: this course is now closed to applications for September 2014 entry.

Course Aims

To offer knowledge and expertise for management roles in companies involved with logistics and operations management on a national or international basis.

Special Features

Course Description

This course aims to provide students with a thorough understanding of the disciplines of logistics and operations management. Students study compulsory modules in operations management and logistics and supply chain management, and other modules from a range of options, designed to widen the range of expertise. Students are also required to write a dissertation on an approved topic.

Course Structure

Students must undertake one compulsory module:

And at least one module from:

Plus one or two modules (to make a total of four modules) from:

Followed by a dissertation:

The dissertation is the final element of the MSc where students undertake a practical project of 15000 words in the area of transport, logistics, operations or supply chain management that builds upon the taught element of the course.

Student Profile

'Cardiff Business School is the best choice.'

Meng Li, MSc in Logistics and Operations Management, 2012-13

Read Meng's full testimonial

What made you choose the MSc in Logistics and Operations Management at Cardiff University?

Before coming to study at the Business School I was working in China in Purchasing of Industrial materials for a manufacturing company. The MSc in Logistics and Operations Management appealed to me as I thought it would most benefit my personal development and my career options.

You're currently a Buyer for MABEY Bridge Ltd. Tell us about that.

I started working there after graduating in 2013. The company is based in the UK and builds wind towers for generating electricity. My role is to source new suppliers and to manage the relationship with them – obtaining quotes, comparing costs, negotiating finances and making orders. I really enjoy that this role enables me to connect with different people from lots of different backgrounds. I also enjoy having the opportunity to solve company problems.

What advice would you give to somebody considering studying at Cardiff Business School?

It’s the best choice. You’ll need to study hard, but it’s worth it. The teachers are really nice too.

Meng is currently working as a Buyer for MABEY Bridge Ltd.

Entry Requirements

Candidates will normally be graduates from a recognised university with an upper second class Honours degree in either business, logistics and/or operations management or engineering, or have significant professional experience in a relevant occupation. Non-graduates with approved professional qualifications or work experience may also be considered under certain circumstances.

A score of band 6.5 on IELTS with a minimum of 6.0 in each category is required for non-native English speakers or those who have not had a substantial part of their education taught in the English language.

Tuition Fees:

• UK & EU Full Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
    £6,345.00
  • International Full Time for 2014/15 unless otherwise specified below
    £17,490.00

Next intake: September each year

School Contact

Name: Postgraduate Admissions Office, Cardiff Business School  

Telephone: +44 (0)29 2087 6953 

Fax: +44 (0)29 2087 4419 

Email: carbs-pg-admissions@cardiff.ac.uk  

School Website: http://business.cardiff.ac.uk/degree-programmes

More information

Funding Available

There are current funding opportunities for this course. Click here.

Postgraduate