Media Management (MBA)
1 year (Full-time) / n/a (Part-time) / n/a (Distance / E-Learning)
Provide students with a solid background in business management theory and practice, and to gain specialised media knowledge and skills to excel and adapt in the field of media management.
The programme brings together the Business School’s 25 years experience in delivering highly regarded MBA programmes and the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies internationally renowned expertise in journalism and media.
Participants will study core modules exploring key elements of business management, supplemented by a range of options enabling students to study media issues in depth. Unique modules such as Digital Media Management and Branding and the Media will explore the very latest developments in this dynamic industry.
- Study Skills & Business Statistics (Core)
- Financial Analysis and Control (Core)
- Organisational behaviour (Core)
- Marketing (Core)
- Branding and the Media (Core)
- Reporters and the reported (Core)
- Strategic Management (Core)
- Human Resource Management (Core)
- Marketing Management (Core)
- Financial Management (Core)
- Global Communications (Core)
- Compliance, Regulation and the Law (Core)
- Digital Media Management (Core)
- Reporting Business, Finance and Economics (Optional)
- Insurgency into the 21st Century (Optional)
- Reporting Health and Science (Optional)
- Global Crisis Reporting (Optional)
- Global Communications Management (Optional)
- International Relations for Journalists (Optional)
- Great Journalists (Optional)
Suitable for graduates in a wide range of disciplines, including arts, journalism/media and science subjects as well as the usual business-oriented degrees.
The course is aimed at recently qualified graduates who have achieved a minimum of a lower second class honours degree.
Students whose first language is not English will be required to pass the IELTS exam, obtaining a minimum of 7.0 as an overall score.
UK & EU Full Time for 2013/14
International Full Time for 2013/14
Next intake: September 2013
Name: Dr Patrick Artisien
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2087 6953