Media Management (MBA)
1 year (Full-time) / n/a (Part-time) / n/a (Distance / E-Learning)
Provide students with a solid background in business management theory and practice, and to gain specialised media knowledge and skills to excel and adapt in the field of media management.
The programme brings together the Business School’s 25 years experience in delivering highly regarded MBA programmes and the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies internationally renowned expertise in journalism and media.
Participants will study core modules exploring key elements of business management, supplemented by a range of options enabling students to study media issues in depth. Unique modules such as Digital Media Management and Branding and the Media will explore the very latest developments in this dynamic industry.
The taught component of the course is divided between core and optional modules:
- Study Skills & Business Statistics
- Financial Analysis and Control
- Organisational behaviour
- Branding and the Media
- Reporters and the reported
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Global Communications
- Compliance, Regulation and the Law
- Digital Media Management
- Reporting Business, Finance and Economics
- Insurgency into the 21st Century
- Reporting Health and Science
- Global Crisis Reporting
- Global Communications Management
- International Relations for Journalists
- Great Journalists
Full details of the course structure can be found via the Media MBA pages of the School website.
Media Management Project:
The Media Management Project is designed to ensure that students can apply business theory to issues facing media organisations. Where possible, depending on the organisation and nature of the project, students will be placed within a media organisation while working on their project. However a placement cannot be guaranteed.
The MBA Media Management will provide you with:
- The competence and the confidence to apply new knowledge to key areas of business and media management
- The ability to solve practical media management problems by turning theory into practice
- An understanding of working in an international, global, multicultural, diverse media environment
- Developed communication, self-management and time management skills
Our graduates go on to management positions in the media or other creative industries.
Suitable for graduates in a wide range of disciplines, including arts, journalism/media and science subjects as well as the usual business-oriented degrees.
The course is aimed at recently qualified graduates who have achieved a minimum of an upper second class Honours degree.
Students whose first language is not English will be required to pass the IELTS exam, obtaining a minimum of 7.0 as an overall score.
UK & EU Full Time (Please note: our fees are currently being updated to reflect 2015/16 fees. For the most up-to-date fees information, please refer to our Finance pages)
International Full Time (Please note: our fees are currently being updated to reflect 2015/16 fees. For the most up-to-date fees information, please refer to our Finance pages)
Next intake: September each year
Name: Dr Patrick Artisien
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2087 6953
Name: Ms Ann-Marie Clissold
Telephone: +44 (0)29 208 76953