Structural Engineering (MSc)
1 year (full-time) / 3 years (part-time) / n/a (distance / e-Learning)
Offers knowledge and expertise for a career as a consulting structural engineer within this specialist professional area of civil engineering.
- The employment record of graduates is excellent, with the majority of graduates joining engineering consultancies.
- This programme has been accredited by the ICE, IStructE, IHT and IHIE for intakes 2009-2013 inclusive. This programme is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (partial) BEng (Hons) or an Accredited IEng (full) BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree.
- See the JBM website for further information.
This course is designed to provide specialist postgraduate professional development across the areas of steel, concrete and timber design, structural dynamics, and structural mechanics. Taught material is delivered during the Autumn and Spring semesters.
- Advanced Engineering Management
- Building and Infrastructure Information Modelling
- Fundamentals of Nanomechanics
- Steel Structures
- Advanced Structural Mechanics
- FE Theory and Practice
- Engineering Geology
- Environmental Building Studies
- Numerical Techniques in Engineering
- Dynamics and Structures
- Structural Engineering
- Theoretical Soil Mechanics
- Management in Industry
- Engineering Case Study
- Tensile Structures
An upper 2nd class honours degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a similar field from a good UK university or an equivalent international degree qualification. If you have a good 2:2 or equivalent, or relevant industrial relevant, we'll give your application individual consideration.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass IELTS exams. The minimum requirement is an IELTS score of 6.5. Please see our English language requirements for more information.
Note: International students pursuing part-time programmes of study are not eligible for Tier 4 (General Student) visas and must have alternative leave to remain in the UK if they intend to study at the University in person.
Tuition Fees 2016/17
Fees quoted are for the academic session 2016/17. For programmes lasting more than one year, tuition fees for subsequent years of study are subject to an increase of no more than 4.5% per year.
|UK & EU||International|
|Deposit||n/a||Includes a £1,000 deposit. More information about our deposit policy.|
Next intake: September each year
Name: Postgraduate Admissions Office, School of Engineering
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2087 0050