PhD 3-4 years; MD 2 years; MPhil 1 year (full-time) / Please discuss with School (part-time) / n/a (distance / e-Learning)
The School of Medicine offers PhD, MD & MPhil in all medical disciplines, including Cancer & Genetics, Epidemiology, Infection & Immunity, Psychiatry & Neuroscience, and Experimental Medicine.
Research in the School of Medicine is focused on interdisciplinary themes, each of which spans the spectrum from basic science to clinical practice in either hospital or community settings. These themes are led by Research Institutes:
- Cardiff Institute of Infection & Immunity
- Cochrane Institute of Primary Care & Public Health
- Institute of Molecular & Experimental Medicine
- Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences
- Institute of Cancer & Genetics
- Institute of Translation, Innovation Methodology & Engagement
The underlying aim of the School is to ensure the optimum ‘translation’ of fundamental knowledge to patient benefit.
Our approach brings together people, knowledge and skills from a range of disciplines. This approach is the key to our research strength and achievements.
Each of the School’s Research Institutes embodies this philosophy.
Who does a Higher Degree at the School of Medicine?
- Biological Scientists
- Computational Scientists and Bioinformaticians
- Epidemiologists, Statisticians, Mathematicians
- Psychologists, Social Scientists
- Physical Scientists
Next intake: The University has four entry points for research degrees: 1st October, 1st January, 1st April, or 1st July
Name: School of Medicine Research Degrees Office
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2074 6716